Wednesday, December 31, 2008

ZOMG ISMFOF ROFL

Listening to: Things that rhyme with orange by I Set My Friends On Fire
Finding the energy to: study for SAT's
Epically failed: Defeating Baron Brr in Super Mario Galaxy

I can't believe 2008 is almost over. It's been a awesome year.  I had an awesome birthday, I wrote my first ever major exam, I had a crush and got my heart broken (as usual, that's why they're called crushes.), I had a change in personality (in a good way) and I think I matured in a weird way. Gosh, I don't know if i have the energy to elaborate on each one.... Ok ok, lemme play Guitar Hero for a bit and let's see what happens...
.
.
.
.
Emo Wii!! It keeps on going off. It won't even let me finish a set list!!

Sassy 17
I still can't stress enough how unbelievably awesome my 17th birthday was. If I replay the whole day, you're probably gonna think it wasn't cool, but I think it rocked!!

I woke up and all my roommates attacked me with pillows >.<. I go for breakfast and everyone is wishing me happy birthday left right and centre. It was kewl! My sis put my present in my school bag so I found it when I got to class. She gave this really awesome card, chocolate and my iPod. See, I was in the middle of writing my mocks so my parents decided that Eli should keep my iPod for me until I was done. So I got to keep my iPod for the day! Luckily, I didn't have a paper that day so I locked myself in the spare art room and studied the whole day. I didn't see anyone until lunch. And later that evening, someone (I forgot...) came into my prep class and announced that it was my birthday. Later on, two guys in my prep class made me a card....

Killing two birds with one stone
A piece of advice to whoever it may apply to- Try as much as possible not to have a crush around the time you're writing one of the most important exams of your life.  It happened to me and I have no idea how I survived X_X.

In May, I wrote one of the most important exams of my life- The IGCSE. (I forgot what it means...) The exams spanned 4 weeks, they ended first week in June. I had been dreading this moment for the past four years of my life. All the classes, projects, orals led up to this. The teachers had given us so much hassle and now it was time. It was our only chance to show the school that we aren't the total douchebags they thought we were. Everything was at stake- our reputation, our futures, our lives, our everything (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but you get the general idea) Then It happened...before I even wrote my first paper

So sure he was a nice guy and I had talked to him a few times before, but I never thought I would crush on someone again. It was the first crush I had had in about 3 years. It was like having my first crush all over again. I loved that feeling I got anytime I saw him...but I hated the way my sense of logic and reason would get tossed out once I saw him. We talked almost everyday and I heard rumors that he might have liked me too. I have to say, of all the crushes I've had in my life, he was the first one I actually talked to (I never ever had a normal conversation with my others). And hugging him was just awesome!!

With all this, it's a miracle I was able to do really well on my IGCSE's. I studied real hard and put all my energy into it. I also prayed a lot cause I was nothing without God. At the end of the day, my crush faded just as my exams were ending (talk about a fast crush!) but not without some rocky sides and I got 6 A's and 3 B's. We're still friends (and the hugging still rocks!! ^_~)
(Oh my gosh, did you think I was gonna tell who it was? Sorry to disappoint...)

Rock Goddess
I had been seriously considering getting Guitar Hero for some time cause it looked really cool. So when my parents went to LA in June, I asked to get me Legends of Rock, And they didn't dissapoint!! I feel in love with the game so much that I acquired this rock star aura. I began to pretend that I was actually one cause the game really opened me up to all these artists I hadn't heard of- AFI, Lacuna Coil, Superbus, Revolverheld, The Fall of Troy... so now I'm the most "rockish" person in my whole entire school. It's so bad that when I saw Victor at the mall the other day, he introduced me to his friend saying "This is my friend Sedinam, she wants to be a rock star when she grows up". Not true by the way...

So those have been the major highlights in 2008. I hope 2009 is so much way more better...

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

blaaaaaa said...

happy new years xxxxxxxxx

hope it's the start of a fab year for you.