Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Starbucks Dream- I'm gonna add caramel to it for you, is it ok?

Listening to: Make me wanna pray by Christina Aguilera
On the phone with: Jeani
Just finished: eating fufu and palmnut soup (a traditional Ghanaian dish)

The sun is a beautiful thing. I had a epiphany while I was at the mall today. The summer is almost over and I hardly had any sun time. So when I got back home, I grabbed a chair, starchild, Microserfs by Douglas Coupland and my phone -ultimatepwnage- and I now have the sun in my face!!


And today too, I lived out a fantasy I had been dreaming about for some time. Lemme explain- I love coffee shops. Starbucks and the like. So I have this fanatsy of sitting in a coffee shop with a book or laptop with a cappucino (or whatever caffeine thing. I'm not really big on caffeine... yet)
Caitlin had to do her hair so my mum suggested the salon in the mall cause she hears the peole are quite good. So we dropped Caitlin at the salon, my mum went off to do grocery shopping (cause I'm uber skinny right now and I need to gain some weight before school starts or my friends will think I was anorexic over the summer) and i made my way to the coffee shop at the food court

But my fantasy was derailed...

Today, a large group of people were advertising a debit card which I thought was quite cool. While walking through the mall, I was asked twice to sign up. I declined both times. The third time was when I had left Caitlin in the salon and was making my way to the food court. This lady came up to me and practically dragged me to a seat and asked me to sign up. I told her my student ID had expired and my exam candidate number was different from the normal Ghanaian candidate number. She said no worries and the next thing I knew, I had an e-zwich debit card with the Ghana Commercial Bank logo on it. If I had known, I would have signed up and gotten one with the Standard Chartered logo. My mum was a bit upset (not at the fact that i got a card, the fact that the GCB logo was on it. She works at Standard Chartered :-D)
Either way, the card is quite cool. And most of the shops in the mall support the software anyway. So it was a bit of a win-win thing. Except the GCB logo. I still have some Guitar Hero III stickers. I'll use a few to cover it up...

And finally, Sedi lives out a fantasy!! ^_^

I get to the coffee shop like 20 minutes later and order a cinnamon twist with a vanilla milkshake. While waiting, i curled up in a corner and read Microserfs. I wasn't on cloud nine though, maybe cloud 6.5.

So that's been my day so far. Later on, I'll play Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl after my numerous guests who are currently at my house right now leave. Tonight, I have my room to myself!! I'm so excited!!

(The Daily Show Global Edition at 9:30!! I missed the 2:30 airing...)

No comments: